Sunday 9 April 2017

Cosmic Sweater

We are on our two week Easter holiday from school so there will be creative childcare and dog sitting, juggling work with a spot of knitting mixed in from me. Thank you for your kind words about our new dog - all is well so far...


I have been well and truly treated. The lovely people at Wool and the Gang have sent me a kit to try out. You may well know them as a knitting kit company for chunky sweaters but I am embarking on a summer knit in the smoothest cotton called the cosmic sweater.


The kits are the height of luxury. When the box arrived, I said, 'Well, Hello!' right back to it, I was that excited to be personally addressed.


Out came the parcel for the Cosmic sweater, an intermediate knit in 100% peruvian cotton. The kit contained 5 balls of cotton, a pair of rosewood needles, a sewing up needle, a little label and of course the pattern. 


It is a large shape and size with a drapey loose texture. The picture below is the back piece. It knits up really quickly on the beautifully smooth needles which are so light with really pointy ends for an easy pick up.


I am knitting it to wear this summer on our holiday in the south of France. I reckon I am going to throw it over my red stripy handmade swimsuit - she says nonchalantly.

We go at the end of May so a couple of months of knitting 
should do it comfortably without straining my still vulnerable knitting shoulder which I am trying to save for gardening at this time of year.

Tricot Heureux! Happy Knitting. Jo xxxx

13 comments:

  1. This looks like it will be lovely. Take your time with it and enjoy the knitting journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to get a kit to try out. They must really like your crochet skills. I hope you have a wonderful break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks super. What is the colour called? Take care of that shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is called red over and it is so soft. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely. I have 'knitting shoulder' too and couldn't knit at all for a couple of years but hurray I am back and trying to take it more slowly this time. It's difficult though isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like it will be a stylish item to throw in your suitcase, I look forward to seeing it completed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice package and so polite with it's greeting too :) Loving the jumper so far, I love the colour. Your new pup is so cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous knit for the summer, the colour is really nice though a bit close to sunburn for my skin ! Go easy with your shoulder and feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting!! I hope that you enjoy knitting it, it is a lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's going to be lovely! I really like their kits and patterns, they're very good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you, Jo! I hope you enjoy making every stitch and wearing the jumper. xx

    ReplyDelete