I am quite organised but I even surprise myself sometimes. I found a brown envelope in my pattern box and in it was a traced off pattern for a clothkits pinafore aged 6. I made this dress with Big Sis when she was little and must have had the forethought to trace it onto baking paper before we sewed it together in case I wanted to make another with her little sister when she was older. I had even stuck on photos to remind me - I don't even remember doing this!
I seem to have made loads more bias binding than I needed for the PJ set so I used this to finish the back and the armholes. I added the pockets myself and couldn't resist creating the applique apple details. She is six now and one day this sort of fun girls clothing will not be wanted so I am indulging myself a little.
On the first try on I had 'apparently' shortened the dress pattern too much and she said it was too short so the next night I added the frill to give it another couple of inches.
I used up the rest of the vintage pearly poppas I had in my stash for the back, which I have since discovered can be bought here. The button placket was another detail that made it a real corker of a top.
Here's hoping for a whole day of blue skies rather than snippets between showers.
Thanks for dropping by.