Monday 15 March 2021

Doodling for Grown Ups

 My friend gave me a very personal poster about four years ago for Christmas; she had me spot on in just a few words. When we came to move house however, I noticed how much it had faded. Look at the original egg yolk colour at the top and the faded colour below.


Before we had moved all of our furniture in July but were staying randomly at the house on camp beds with no TV I decided to spend my evenings doodling the poster. I had no idea if it would look good, just that I had to give it a try.


Using a range of black pens I found around the place I started to doodle over the lettering. It was very relaxing but it did take a few evenings.


 


Some are a bit shaky because it was harder than I thought and like cutting a fringe, the more you meddled the worse it got but in the end, I was pleased with it and have hung it in my studio.

Thank you for all the supportive comments on my last post, they really cheered me on. I love teaching, but it is time to start teaching about the things I love.

The picture really is me in a frame. What would you have on yours?

Stay Safe. Jo xxxxx

8 comments:

  1. The fringe comment made me laugh, I know exactly what you mean. I cut my hair a while back and the best thing I can say about it is that it will grow back. You've made a lovely job of the poster though. I think mine would say something about the garden as well. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, fringe cutting.... been there, done that (and badly so). A new lease for a faded poster, how wonderful. I really like what you did with it, it looks fun. Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks brilliant Jo, and now it is a gift with a personal touch. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the unique poster in a frame all about you. Doodling can be very relaxing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks fab! Mine would have to include reading, knitting and crochet, the seaside and Shropshire, I think, but you've given me food for thought. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fringe comment made me smile Jo, why I thought I could do it in the first place is beyond me. There are a lot of dodgy school photos of my girls...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fantastic. It must have been a lot of fun to do. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. The poster turned out very well! Mine would have reading, gardening, crochet, crossstitch, coffee and relaxing:)

    ReplyDelete