Tuesday 10 September 2019

September...ing

Wearing - My new Sew Over It Pussy Bow blouse. I thought I might look like I worked in a travel agents but I am really pleased with it. The fabric is a light cotton lawn from Minerva.



Growing - On my spider plants to go into my macrame hangers.



Making - Fresh pasta. The girls had never done it before and absolutely loved it.


Baking - Courgette cake from this favourite recipe


Building - a kitchen island out of old apple crates. My friend made it and I sanded and waxed it. It is on lockable wheels so you can move it around (or not).


Disliking - Being stretched in too many directions.

Thinking - I am getting to be a bit of a mad woman and need to slow down.

Avoiding - Taking on any more tasks that are not really important right now.


Loving - This picture of Little M which Andy took on holiday.

Enjoying - Some late summer blooming. These Gladioli are great.



Finding - that if I water my house plants, we are rewarded with flowers. Who knew?




Knitting - A fair isle jumper for Heidi, on request, in cotton.



Going - Blackberry picking again, I may have enough for a batch of wine.

Filling - The freezer with meals after defrosting it over the Summer. I have been labeling things properly of late too to avoid unwanted surprises. No more bolognese crumble for us!

Sewing - A moleskin textured dress ready for Autumn to wear with my new mustard tights.



Buying - Lots: baskets, school shoes, winter tights, storage jars, haberdashery items, a new A4 notebook. That is me done until January!

Finishing - A crochet bath mat from recycled t-shirt yarn and left over macrame string.



Deciding - I look alright after seeing this photo Heidi took. I always feel relaxed when she photographs me. She does most of my blog photos and I feel I can be myself with her.


Feeling - The need for balance.

Have a Good week. Jo xxx

9 comments:

  1. You're so busy! I love your blouse and tunic. I don't have real houseplants, all mine are artificial. I'm afraid all my attempts at keeping houseplants have failed miserably for the poor plants :( I love your apple crate island, so much storage as well! Our kitchen is a long, thin galley and whoever designed it didn't put in a single drawer! You look lovely in your photos. Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blouse too. I made 2 of that pattern but I found with the 3rd one I needed to make it a bit bigger now , oops. Love that island too. You are getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Fair Isle and the moleskin - is it self drafted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the Brown dress is from an Ottobre magazine but you could draft it from any shift dress pattern. It has a sort of A-line hem.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. There is a nice jersey I’ve had my eye on at Pin & Sew I might have a go with. I’ll put it on the list ;-)
      x

      Delete
  4. You are as busy as ever Jo, I am not surprised you feel a little stretched in all directions. On the plus side, you have gorgeous helpers in your life (two little pasta chefs, a personal photographer). I have serious moveable kitchen island envy, what an ingenious idea! I imagine those crates filled with cookery books and other useful things. I would really like to comment on every single ...ing today (so much good stuff happening) but I am at work and cheating the clock. Reading your post is far more fun than writing boring old scripts for brief video introductions! Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so busy. Like Christina I have a little kitchen island envy it is amazing what a great job you and your friend have done on it. Beautiful photos of you, you really do look so relaxed, you have a budding photographer in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely things made as ever! I love the bath mat what a brilliant idea. You look good in all the photo's Heidi does a really good job. I have to use the tripod or my husband impatiently saying come on hurry up stand still. It does not make for relaxed photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are lovely Jo, in every way, just lovely. I enjoyed your post so much. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete