Saturday 7 September 2019

Enjoying Time

I have been lucky enough to have given up one job just before the summer holidays started and have another one lined up for when it ended. This has meant that for the first time ever, Summer has not felt like a battle with time. I have not had to juggle childcare and work; try to feel like I am making the most of days off or trying to kill myself getting ahead of time with house chores. I am the kind of person who has a bad relationship with time, I never really know how to enjoy it unless I am doing something. You might have guessed!

Anyway, I wanted to remind myself how much I have enjoyed time this holiday. It might help me in the future.


Dog walking


Going to a country show with my mum and the girls chatting about shared interests.


Going to our favourite local outdoor places.


Meeting Grandad at a tractor show in the sunshine. He shows his tractor so the girls get to sit on it.



Visiting our local National Trust Property - Attingham park.




Having an animal encounter at the petting zoo. Check out the little one in the corner!




Going for a long weekend in South Wales - super Tubing with Little M.



Making Pasta


A spot of foraging at the end of the holidays, where I ripped a hole in the bum of my jeans with some rather exuberant fence climbing to get a few more plums!

A little post to remind me that I have been enjoying being with my girls while they still like being with me. It was my first day at my new jobshare in a Primary school classroom this week. I had a break for eight years while the children were small, but I think I am ready for it again now.

Jo xxx

8 comments:

  1. I am glad you have enjoyed the summer, I hope the new job goes well. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super summer holiday! 6 weeks sounds like a long time, but it's surprising how fast it goes! Best, Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Jo, your happy happenings fill me with joy. How wonderful to just have time to enjoy and even more wonderful that you did enjoy it to the full. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These precious moments ... we should treasure them all! How nice that a grandma and a grandad were involved, too. Love that pic of you Super Tubing ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a magical summer, no doubt the children made many happy memories. Your dog is absolutely gorgeous, such a sweetie. Well done on the foraging, the plums look especially good - worth the ripped jeans I think. I hope the new job goes well. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just as summer holidays should be. Hope to new job goes well. CN x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks as if you've made some wonderful family memories this summer and thanks for sharing them with us. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy you had such a wonderful summer and it looks like the girls were thrilled with all they got to do. I am a working Mom all summer so I really don't get to enjoy it much, still I am blessed with the job I have and blessed that Little Buddy still gets me out to the pool and such. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete