Thursday 6 September 2018

Easy Crochet Vest - Three ways

It is called the easy V-neck Vest but as easy as it was, I ended up making three. I couldn't estimate the size very well for a couple of baby boys I wanted to make presents for. 



With similarities to the story of the three bears: one felt too big, one felt too small and one felt just right but by then I was running out of boy coloured wool so the last one ended up being stripey! The beige one also has the wrong stitch pattern on the top half but I already knew it was too small by then so I used it as a practice one to roughly follow the pattern.



I bought the soft, jersey knit lined shirts to go underneath them to make two Christening presents. One boy is older than the other so I think they will at least not be too small. 



The pattern is free on ravelry and they only took a couple of evenings to make each one. They all vary slightly because I didn't follow the pattern exactly until the last one. I will definitely keep it in my library for another time. It is in US crochet terms and uses about one 50g ball .

Hope you are all keeping well. Thank you for your comments as ever.

Jo xxxx

12 comments:

  1. The are lovely x just had a look at the pattern. Did you use Aran or DK yarn? I have so much wool lying around that could be used for these. Hope to see you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used DK but aran would work too, you would just get a bigger top obviously.

      Delete
    2. Perfect. Pattern said Aran with 4mm hook xx but yours definitely looked like DK. I love them.xxx

      Delete
  2. They all look really smart with the shirts underneath Jo. I expect they'll be photographed lots at the Christening. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I actually like the stripy one best of all, I am glad it is the one that is just right xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look really nice and the little shirts go very well with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all lovely, but the stripey one was my favourite. What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your sweet Three Bear Vests, Jo. I think each one makes a just right lovely gift...even if one was deemed as practice : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darn cute love them all.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so cute! The striped one is my favorite:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bests are wonderful and will make such great presents.

    ReplyDelete