Wednesday 13 July 2016

Summer Harvest

We have been hitting the puddings hard of late. I am in a pleasant but constant battle to continually use our chickens eggs and home grown summer fruit. Last week we ate a pavlova and a tiramisu. This week we are eating a lemon meringue pie and home made strawberry ice-cream!




We have been picking redcurrants, blackcurrants, raspberries and the last of the strawberries. This week the tayberries are making an appearance and I don't even know what to do with those!




Roll on another week of hip busting desserts.
Happy Harvesting. Jo x

5 comments:

  1. I won't say eat the berries because I don't want you to waste them by trying to throw them at me! Pavlova is a winner in my view and with strawberries, or tayberries or any berries or just cream if my waistline allowed - hah, what waistline! - I would eat it every week! Enjoy the berries and eggs, whatever you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling, it's just as well we never stop (cycled to work and home via allotment where I shovelled seven barrows of manure onto the asparagus). We're on the summer raspberries now and I made a gorgeous red gooseberry cake flavoured with lemon verbena syrup on Sunday, a riff on a Diana Henry recipe. It's all gone now and there's only two of us. You can have your cake and eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jam is always a good fall back for fruit, so that you have the taste of summer in the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! I want to eat at your house :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think eating the berries straight up sounds delicious, nothing fancy just a handful.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete