Sunday 13 January 2019

January...ing

Making - My cotton jumper



Baking - For lunchboxes, we do it every week. This week we made a chocolate orange traybake.


Eating - Pheasant. We have a supply of free pheasants and luckily the girls eat it. Casseroles are usually what I make but I have experimented with a rather successful pheasant bolognese sauce.



Building - Painting and painting and painting and painting. Three coats needed in every room. I painted for 22 hours last week!



Learning - How to grout. I tried doing it like a builder with a small trowel but decided to use what I already knew and made a great job with a piping bag and a sponge! I will show you the finished version later...



Thinking - What other building skills I could learn to save money.

Loving - Having my birthday to look forward to in the dreary month of January.

Wondering - Whether to go down another size after my first attempt at the Nora top by Tilly and the Buttons.



Getting - Really stuck into the Carolyn Pyjama pattern - a real investment in sewing nightwear.



Buying - A new Swimsuit pattern to try this year.

Watching - My girls continue to enjoy long walks even when it is bitterly cold.





Disliking - How much chocolate and sweets we have left over from Christmas. I just want it all to go away.

Wearing - All of my knitted garments with pride. They are such an investment of time but have such longevity. The socks inside my boots are pretty cosy too.



 Enjoying - Making a stack of Birthday cards for the coming year with this months Minerva Blogger network. 



Deciding - What to clear out of my wardrobe, it needs some attention.

Feeling - Mostly cold on the outside but warm on the inside.

Do join me in an ing post, they are great fun to put together. You can always link back to here.

Jo xxxx

16 comments:

  1. What a great collection of activities and adventures. You must be tired after 22-hours of painting and grouting. It will all be worth it though. Your Carolyn PJ's look like they will be very fancy night-wear indeed. Early happy birthday wishes too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Love how cosy you all look when out on walks that’s the way to do it. Dinners sound good, lucky you with the pheasants. So many new skills there’s always more ways than one to achieve them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the longevity of hand knitted clothes. I still wear a cardi I made in "Life" wool from 2012 ( holiday cardi) Also a cardi I made in King Cole " Splash". That's about 4 yrs old. Hand knitted socks are simply the best !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love...ing your post today Jo. You have a lovely life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! Looking forward to seeing the grouting :) And your knits are beautiful as always x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been so busy! I love the cards, they'll be so useful throughout the year, I always mean to make more of my own. Well done on the grouting, I love the piping bag tip, I shall try that next time I attempt some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so impressed that you are learning new skills building your new home. Its amazing how many of the smaller jobs I can do now to renovate our little cottage. Your knits are wonderful, you are one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the image in my head of you grouting your floor tiles with a piping bag! I am a total DIY wimp, if I never have to touch a paint roller, I'd be more than pleased. Such a happy ....ing post Jo, it makes me smile. Off to write one myself now xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello from a first-time visitor who dropped in from Christina's blog after she recommended reading your "ing" posts. I enjoyed this and will do a bit of previous post reading as well. I also enjoy sending out cards and would vlike to know more about the ones you showed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed your January - ing post Jo, so busy and clever. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'll do one soon. I love these posts so much, Jo. I am really impressed with your house job, especially your grouting! Wow! I have never done it, but if it's anything like caulking, I'm a total failure. I have men laying a floor in my house as we speak and I keep going out to watch and thinking I'd never be able to do it so well. You've been busy and you're doing such wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW,what a great post,love the pics,you are busy.Great idea the piping bag and sponge.I too have a Birthday in January ( Burns night ).Happy 2019 to you all.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fabric for your Carolyn pyjamas is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cards... I did the same, except I made a batch of Christmas cards for 2019. For personal reasons, I need to be prepared and do things when I can.

    ReplyDelete