Tuesday 20 February 2018

Released into the Craft Community


  


Once a year I am released into the craft community at the CHSI trade craft show at the NEC in Birmingham. It is a business show for craft product retailers to fill their order books with supplies for craft outlets. I am invited as a press blogger which means I get to mingle with other bloggers for lunch and then head out to look at the new craft trends for the year. I also get a day to myself in half term.

I collaborate with some of them already so it is nice to put faces to the people I talk to via email. Others I see year on year and we meet up to share new resources. Part of this set up is that there are a lot of free samples floating around which we are given to try out. I came away with some interesting products which I will have a play with and share with you over the coming months.


This post really is just a bit of eye candy but my waste-not mind has a creative craft outcome. Cutting sample images out of fabric catalogues makes for some beautiful card making opportunities.


Thanks for stopping by. Jo xxx

PS. Can I just say a huge thank you for your comments to my last post. Sometimes I am really surprised with what people engage with but food hits a lot of people's hearts. It felt good to know we had things in common :)

7 comments:

  1. That looks like a really fun event. How cool to be invited! I hope you had a great, inspiring day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun event, Jo. And I like your cards. I made such a stack of envelopes from catalogs that you would think letter writing is coming back into style.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing event. Looking forward to seeing new trends over the coming posts. You are one talented lady, beautiful card making as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a brilliant day. Looking forward to seeing all your ideas with the fabrics and notions that you came away with. Your cards look really lovely and so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time. I too, am surprised by the posts (on my blog) that are enjoyed the most. It seems it's the 'Family Walks', followed by the 'Cookery Calendar Challenge' ones. I suppose - taking a step back to ponder - those posts show more of 'yourself and your life'. I'm reminded that many years ago, I used to have several penpals, I've kept 2 which I connect with on facebook. Maybe that's what it's about, we enjoy connecting with people, with their lives to both encourage theirs and enhance our own. Probably way too deep an observation for a Tuesday lol, Have a good week, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are stunning! I will definitely be copying some of the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was lovely to see you again Jo, looks like you saw some interesting things. I'm still sorting my photos and hoping to get a post written for tomorrow.
    You know I picked up a fabric catalogue then put it back thinking I wouldn't actually need it - doh!

    ReplyDelete