Wednesday 25 May 2016

Pudding Delight

Have you got something like this? It is late May and I feel sure I am not about to knock up half a batch of mince pies just to use this up but my moral compass urges me not to throw it away.


Mincemeat Bread and Butter Pudding
(Serves 3 little or two greedy portions)

3 slices of dry white bread
The last of a jar of mincemeat (about 2 tablespoons)
Butter for spreading
2 eggs
1/2 pint of milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Brown sugar for sprinkling

Remove crusts from bread and spread with butter. 
Cut into little triangles or small pieces to fit your dish. 
Use one slice worth to cover the bottom of the greased dish then spread over the mincemeat.
Add the rest of the bread covering all the mincemeat so it doesn't burn.
In a jug mix up eggs, milk and cinnamon.
Pour over the bread and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle the top with Brown sugar.
Bake for 30 minutes until set and brown on gas mark 4-5


Play free and easy with this recipe, it is all warm and delicious in the end anyway. I just made it up. I had a bit of cream dregs left over so I threw them in, another egg yolk was added because Big Sis had made peppermint creams with the white of an egg, leave out the cinnamon if you want etc. etc.

 Midweek pudding. How naughty. See you on the other side. Jo xxxx

5 comments:

  1. Oh oh that portion is mine Phil is also saying it's his portion. You so know how much we love bread and butter pudding however it's made. I've used up dry teacake loaf and with Baileys always delicious. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great desert and a great way to use up leftovers and odd and ends from the fridge. Looks tasty. I am a fan or marmalade bread and butter pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your yummy looking recipe. Another way I have used up the dregs of jam in a jar is to spread it on cooked chicken or pork. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pudding looks incredibly delicious! I love golden yellow top! Thank you for the recipe.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete