The fabric is a good quality cotton chambray with dots which I thought would look good teamed with navy or red as I have cardigans in both of these colours.
Making this dress really was a lesson in fitting. I made it in my pants, seriously, and kept altering until I had a well fitting dress to wear to work.
- I shortened the body with a seam around the waist rather than on the pattern pieces. Not intentional but I forgot to shorten the waist when cutting out and it looks fine like this.
- I added darts at the back all the way down past my the waist rather than just at the shoulder tops.
- I took 3 inches off the length
There is nothing like a modelling shot with a tea towel hanging on the stairs to scream classy working woman!
I love it and will be wearing it to work today. This one definitely counts towards my vintage pledge makes of 2016. If you are new to vintage sewing there is a great tutorial on The Foldline at the moment with some useful notes on sizing vintage patterns.
Thanks Minerva for another great fabric to try out.
Psst: two more days to enter my Lampshade kit giveaway.