- I would love it, wear it and it would also go with something I already had. (My new years resolution)
- It was from a vintage pattern for my Vintage pledge 2015 with stitching odyssey.
- It needed to be from Simplicity to enter their sewing competition, I had already received the free pattern and really wanted to enter.
- I could wear it on holiday in Me Made May 2015.
- It would replace the catastrophe I made of my Minerva fabric this month which is due for post today (one way stretch towelling long story, let's not go there!)
What an earth would I do to meet all this criteria with
time ticking away before our holiday next week?
I made this in fabric I bought last Summer! It's a vintage pattern, from the Simplicity competition entry requirement, made from Minerva fabric with the lacy zip and I LOVE it.
I will be making more of these I can tell you. I have some blue chambray under the bed that would make a good one, maybe with some applique on the side.
|This is what happens when you get the camera too close on self timer!|
You can't see them on here but you can on the pattern, these deep side darts really suit me and I shall be looking out for more of them in future patterns.
I even managed to pattern match the roses on the back seam.
I used the three quarter sleeve pattern piece and made them shorter, made the zip shorter at the back and added the modern twist of having it out the outside. So I have entered the competition and used up the last of this pretty ribbon edged fabric from Minerva.
Thanks Vicki for letting me off this months fabric disaster!
Enjoy the links. I'm off to pack. What an earth do you pack for a UK holiday in May in Whitby? Jo x