Tuesday 7 October 2014

Gifting

I always thought life was too short to make a face cloth, I like to admire all of yours from afar and appreciate the effort, but I have always thought: not me. Last night I was getting a birthday present ready to wrap and it bothered me that there was nothing homemade about it, lovely as it was. Do you know what it needed? mmmm... yes I thought so too.



So I cast on 30 chains and did three rows of double crochet and then changed to half trebles until I reached a squarish shape then did 3 more rows of double crochet. I have been wanting to practise a reverse dc or crab stitch for a while now to show at my classes so I added one here.




Ta Dah! face cloth, wash bag and lovely things. 
Full crafting order has been restored. Phew!




Thanks for stopping by. Jo x


16 comments:

  1. Perfect! That makes the gift extra special now! The facecloth looks lovely with the soft green trim with the natural.
    I made a couple of facecloths too, a few months ago, they were verysatisfying and quick to make.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely, Jo. It's a very sweet and thoughtful gift, even more so with something handmade added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet little addition to the gift and such a good colour match
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I generally have the same thoughts as you had about a facecloth but that is so brilliant! The colours you have used make it just the perfect addition to the gift-what a fabulous idea and thanks for the details- I want to make one!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you're recipient will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. I saw where someone was making them and buying special soaps to give with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely gift, thoughtful and made with love. I have already made a stack for Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely gift! Life isn't too short for some things, stuffing mushrooms and peeling grapes perhaps! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really cute and a gorgeous idea for a homemade gift. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wouldn't of had the same effect with out one would it. Glad your crafting order has been restored.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely home made addition to your friends present. I'm sure it will be well received.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Watch out you are going to get addicted, they are fast and fun. Lovely gift you have gathered together.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a lovely wee washcloth and I bet it was very well received.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks a lovely gift. Cute little bag too
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this gift combination! I bet it was well received. :-)

    ReplyDelete