- Buy a ball point needle
- Make sure it is in your machine properly
- Don't be lazy and always have the same thread in the top and the bottom even if you can't be bothered to wind up another bobbin - do it and don't be so stupid!
- Sewing for Autumn/Winter in hot summer is actually good because you are not in a rush for this item and you can take your time
- Stretch fabric is easier to sew than I thought and the stitches sort of bury themselves into the fabric.
- It is good to have a try out before you start your dream garment as there is much to learn
I made a flouncy scarf today with the left over cuts of my tunic fabric before I actually sew the tunic. I have not sewn with thick jersey before so this was all new to me - but very enjoyable.
I am pleased with my results and just need to go and get this long sleeved black t-shirt off now, not really the weather for modelling my Autumn/Winter collection 2013!! Jo x