Friday 5 May 2023

Sunshine Would Make it Rosier!

I missed April...ing. Whoops! I have enjoyed reading other blogs this week but didn't quite seem to get round to putting my own words together.



Anyway, just to let you know we are eating well....


Loving work. A rare glimpse of my chaotic sewing space which is normally so tidy...



Finding the moments to walk the dog and fill my table vase. This is the last of my daffs, my blossoming orange broom which is the first time it has flowered in three years. I gathered some orange geums and then bluebells from my field. My flower grower friend Beth stepped in the following week with these incredible ranunculus and anenomes from her polytunnel. The colours were too strong for the brief of her wedding bouquet order so they ended up on my table. Lucky eh?



Loving the front bed of hot/warm colours and how this has come together from my original thought process.




The one thing the whole family has in common at the moment is watching our massive crab apple tree slowly unfurl. It changes day by day.


Finding joy in dancing with my Tribal dance friends even though it was pretty chilly at Upton Folk Festival.


Solving the little problems in life. Jeans I made which were too short once I stopped wearing my boots have had a little embroidaise anglais extension.


These are of course the good bits. Things are a bit here and there at the moment. Nothing too miserable just a teen doing GCSE's, another daughter having so many interrupted school weeks which really impacts on my work (snow days, teacher strikes, boiler breakdowns at school, an endless stream of bank holidays) and we currently have in-laws who need more help with day to day life. But hey, you're not here to listen to that, these are just life's ups and downs. If only the sun would bloody shine it would give everything a rosier glow.

Off to read some blogs my friends. Toodle hoo! Jo xxxx

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous warm colours in that bed, you've made a lovely job of it, the foliage sets off the flowers perfectly. The crab apple is absolutely glorious. Are the crab apples popular with birds? I have been toying with the idea of one. Just back from a lovely rainy dog walk here. The dog is gently steaming on top of the low bookcase, with his ears soaking nicely into the back of the sofa. I don't have the heart to move him. I hope the GCSEs go well. I will have that pleasure next year. Have a lovely long weekend, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes brilliant for birds. We have a pair of woodpeckers in ours and it also teams with blue tits when they are not frightened by the woodpeckers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A shame that your friends flowers weren't suitable, good that they suited you. All your flowers are beautiful. Enjoy your dancing and food. It's strange as our kids need us less growing up, our parents switch to needing help. Take care Jo. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still enjoy seeing those lovely colours in your front bed. They make me smile every time.
    It has seemed to be wet and cold for a very long time but hopefully the sun will show its face soon and we will all feel better for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "But hey, you're not here to listen to that, these are just life's ups and downs." Yep, we are. Such bits show show how our lives are no better and no worse than the average being. We deal with the same issues and learn how to do so with grace more often than not. Don't you think sharing does good? We feel better when we can relate.

    ReplyDelete