Thursday 27 February 2020

This, That and Loads of the Other

Just dropping in with a little soft toy make. This is a very small bear which used up the last of some fawn yarn and miniature ball of left overs from the sock knitting bag. As with all toy knitting, the face is a deal breaker. I am not sure I have the eyes right yet but the nose was a good one. 



I will pop this in the gift box with a long piece of bunting I completed last week from some leftover triangles my aunt gave me after she had completed some community bunting. Here's hoping for a new born boy over the next year or so.




This last week or two I have lost my way a little with crafting. By finishing my epic projects of the Loki sweater and my postage stamp quilt so early on in the year, I feel at a bit of a loss as to what to choose next. Last night I had a scroll through Ravelry and a peruse of my PomPom magazines for inspiration.



Maybe the situation isn't being helped with a dog developing eczema on his undercarriage, my big girl is being tested for Lymes disease and there is only one road in and out of our town due to the flooding in Ironbridge. Making amazing things is a bit low down on our list of priorities at the moment!



Anyway, I wound up a skein of yarn last night, my last unused purchase from Wonderwool last year, and decided to start a one skein shawl. The pattern got going and I feel I will enjoy this over the next month. It also has a touch of hopeful Spring about it.



There has been sewing too but nothing to shout about, a scrappy cherry stone heat pad to finish off the bag of cherry stones that keeps leaking all over the place in the cupboard.




A top that ended up being too small for me in the arm circumference  but will make a nice gift for someone I know. The last of some fabric I made my Big girl a summer jumpsuit from.



A shirt dress nearly complete apart from a waist tie, buttons and button holes.



There was a used up bag of half made Christmas gift tags which I polished off and packed away for December. It made about 20 in 20 mins!




Starting the Indigo dress/tunic by Tilly and the Buttons.



You see, lots of things for sure but nothing that has come to a finale, a flourish or a journeys end. 



The next big thing will be just around the corner. 

Thanks for dropping in though. Jo xx

9 comments:

  1. I hope your daughter recovers very soon from whatever is making her feel unwell. Also wishing your dog well.

    Have my fingers crossed for the flooding situation in Ironbridge. I've seen the pictures and you are certainly all in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read about your dear daughter, praying all goes well. Ironbridge was on the news again last night, my heart goes out to all those who have been affected by these dreadful floods. The bunting and little bear were a joy and will make a stunning gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope that the tests are negative! Sorry too about the flooding in your area. We have had lots of wind and rain here on the south coast but no flooding thank goodness. Hope your little dog gets better soon too! I love the little teddy and the bunting - so cute! I like the red shirtdress, lovely fabric! The shawl looks like a nice thing to do over the next month. Here's hoping for some better weather soon! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the bear's wee face is just right, nose and eyes and all. It is funny, you were writing exactly what I thought for myself, I also lost my way with making. I can't focus on any particular project.

    I hope your big girl will feel better soon. Lyme's is treatable, thank goodness. Unfortunately it is one of those infections that gets a lot of media attention and much of it is incorrect, which must be very worrying. She is in good hands with the NHS and you guys, helping her get better.

    I am very much looking forward to seeing your shirt dress when it is finished and modelled by you. I have inherited one from my daughter with a very similar fabric, what a coincidence. Fabulously optimistic colour, love it.

    Wishing you a dry weekend so there is a chance for the floods to go down, and also an opportunity for the pup to stay dry to help with the eczema xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The teddy is so sweet and with the bunting will be a wonderful gift, your friends are so lucky to receive such lovely handmade gifts. All of your makes look good you get a lot done. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your little bear, Jo. I can immediately tell that he is a deep thinker and a teller of great bedtime stories.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, you have been busy. Those gift tags are fab. Do you stitch through the card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure do. It is quick and very easy to do. x

      Delete
  8. I especially love the shirtdress and the fabric for the indigo dress.

    ReplyDelete