Wednesday 9 September 2020

September...ing

 Loving - this bunch of Lisianthus given to us as a new house welcome.

Eating - waste free dinners. I consider it a personal triumph that my children will eat courgette soup. The courgettes were given to me and the croutons were the dry ends of our bread.


Listening - to one of my favourite comedy programs on radio 4. Listening to Tom Wrigglesworth is one of the best antidotes to world news.

Buying - a clock (last month) from the antique centre with a timer on. 


Repairing - my jeans again. A hole is appearing every month at the moment but I am enjoying adding to the 'artwork'.



Picking - damsons from a tree in the field. This is Andy's response to the question, "Show us your plums!" I made jam and he made three gallons of wine.



Mastering - the art of making a waffle.


Enjoying - the appearance of a rainbow. I saw it as a sign because the building inspector came two hours later and passed off our new house for building regulations.


Making -  a cushion for Beano to have in his cosy corner in the utility.


Hosting - a Sunday dinner for our friends and going all out on the table decor.


Selecting - flowers from my friend who is in her first year of growing and selling cut flowers in the UK. 


Preserving - apples as chutney. 


Having - my first day on my own without the children since March. I was a little concerned that being out in the middle of no where in our new house on my own would feel lonely but it was fabulous. 

Finishing - a pair of stash busting socks using three different bits of sock yarn leftovers (all drops fabel) but still managing to achieve pattern matching. Win win.



Feeling - happy. In fact I told the dog on our walk this morning. He was happy too. 

Thanks for popping in. Jo xxxx

10 comments:

  1. Hurray for happy, and happy dogs with cosy new cushions too. The flowers are gorgeous, good luck to your friend with her new flower business, I am a huge fan of British flowers, conditions for growers and their families in some of the far-flung countries where they are grown are appalling. Brilliant that the building inspector signed you off, good news indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coming here. You are a tonic in our weird world.😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting you here, I am happy, as well, and I am smiling at you🤗 Thanks for posting!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such a happy post, this is just what I need right now. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the move, I'm thrilled for you, but I appreciate it must have been a bitter sweet moment moving in. Good luck, best wishes and love to you all mx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts always make me happy Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous job you are making with your old jeans, a real individual designer feature. Very pretty flowers on the table and I do like the napkin folding. Hope you had a good time with friends over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all sounds lovely Jo. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great post full of sunshine. Your jeans are amazing they have the look of Desigual I think, they would be in high demand if stocked in a shop. x

    ReplyDelete