Friday 12 June 2020

June...ing

Feeling - Lucky.


Making - Little pump bags to hold all of the baby clothes I have been making during lockdown. My one friend had a baby girl on the 1st June. She will have the one with the bunnies on. Just waiting for my other friend now and then I can divvy the clothes up accordingly. Fingers crossed for a boy.



Eating - Wild Strawberries. I found a little patch the other day on a dog walk which inevitably led to me collecting enough to add to a fruit salad via an empty dog poo bag!


Tasting - my first bottle of 2020 elderflower cordial

Trying - new hair styles on each other now that we all have very long hair.


Cutting - Grandad's hair. We had been calling him Einstein but we got the clippers out at the farm and Meg gave him a trim now that we can meet one other person outside.


Building - a rather agricultural looking paddling pool from an old water tank, a lorry strap and some pipe insulation!


Unpicking - I nearly finished a short sleeved cardigan but the first sleeve didn't look right so I tried to unpick it but snipped the back instead of the sewing stitches. I had to rip the whole of the back out including the sleeve I didn't like so I am back to having two fronts left in my basket. Ho hum.


Repairing - another hole in my jeans. I am calling it my third eye.


Completing - a very unseasonal pair of fingerless mitts but I liked making them.


Recycling - two broken bags into one. The leather handles had broken on my basket and the bottom fell out of a hessian shopping bag so I mashed them together and made a new bag with a lining to cover where I had cut the leather ones off.




Gardening - My little collection of succulents that I have grown from cuttings of friend's plants is looking really good.

Watching - Sewing Bee (obviously) and A House Through Time, which I love.
Buying - a new jumpsuit pattern.


Loving - Meg's little bit of crafting


My ...ing posts normally have a kind of seasonal look to them but this is truly a hotchpotch of a post reflective of our current lifestyles. Strange.

Thanks for dropping by. Jo xxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the remade bag, it looks fantastic! Repurposing is one of the great delights in my life ;o) It sounds a bit weird I know but I get such a kick out of seeing a new product made from something that was no longer useful.
    Loving your Third Eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Meg's crafting and your new bag is brilliant, I adore repairs and putting bits of things together to make new ones. I have two very natty deckchair bags made from the straps of broken ones and some new strong fabric that I am inordinately pleased with. The paddling pool is fantastic as well, you are a very creative family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hotchpotch , it sums up my life quite nicely at the moment. A little bit of this and a little bit of that, makes the world go round.
    Wild strawberries, what a fab find. Hope you enjoy them. The girls look as though they were having great fun with the paddling pool too. Thanks for sharing your week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hotchpotch is good. We have a big patch of wild strawberries in our garden but the pigeons are faster than we are, they eat all the juicy little jewels straight of the plants. Your new hair-dos look fun. Starting lockdown with short hair, I am not a complete mess, not even a hair clip can hide it... I reckon it is another two months before I can get it cut (and I am not letting the clippers come near me). Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear, shame about cutting through your cardi. I did the same thing with one of the fronts of mine.Tried to darn the edge but it was too much of a mess. Oh I also managed to snip through my skirt while cutting through some wool threads !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit I am a tad envious about how beautiful all your hair is looking. I had short hair at the start of this pandemic, so you can imagine the state of it. I think it will be awhile yet before we will be allowed near a hairdresser. I am making a stack of storage bags at the moment, they are so useful. Love the paddling pool, such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the jumpsuit pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been very busy. Enjoy June.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever way to mend bags!
    And I really like your third eye. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you ing posts, such a variety of things you all achieve and this one is as interesting and varied as the rest. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow,loving this post so interesting.I'm glad the poo bag was empty when you collected the strawberries Lol.Great fabric for the Pump bags and what a good idea.i have been crocheting baby blankets for friends who have babies this month and next.Meg is a clever girl.I like the recycled bag so clever.

    ReplyDelete