Sunday 15 March 2020

Madalynne Bra set

There are not any sewing deadlines at the moment either in terms of gifting or in my blogging world which means I can allow some time to revise my bra making skills. I blogged last year how I had left it too long between making them and some of the skills I had learnt started to drift into the mists of time. 


I had a new pattern to try: the Simplicity Madalynne 8229. It is always a good idea to make a toile of a new bra pattern. They are all sized differently and each pattern has its own foibles. 


I have a set of straps that are salvaged from an old bra which I use to make toiles. I get to the cup and band stage and then just safety pin on the straps so that I can try it on. It was sods law but my toile was fine in every way, typical! At least I knew I could cut my good fabric with confidence. I even used up odd bits of wire casing.


I had a crazy few nights where I got all of my lingerie sewing stuff out and just had a great time messing about.



I can't tell you how pleased I am with this set. Each set gets better and better (over the 3 years I have been trying) however this one is the most luxurious but totally wearable for everyday.



I get my lingerie supplies from an online company called The sewing chest. It is not a snazzy website at all but everything I have ever had arrive in the post has always been excellent and very fast - don't judge a book by its cover is the message.



The bra is lined and this time I found it very useful to overlock the edges of some parts of the bra to give it a professional finish while hopefully giving it a longer life


The knicker pattern is an evolution of patterns which have been tried and tested over time - I can't attribute it to anyone in particular because really it has become my own pattern.


After getting all my stuff out, I have cut another set in a navy fabric because I think need to embed it all in my mind while the pattern is still fresh.


Super pleased with this set. 
As my friend said to me today "Wow! what skills" 

Love Jo xxx

8 comments:

  1. Definitely impressive sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your friend Jo. Very professional and glamorous.
    Love them.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful lingerie set Jo, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just enjoyed a catch up on your news since your birthday and mine😊[I am officially 69 😮]Thanks for sharing your creative efforts, Jo! I so admire your skill and creative focus. ❤️🤗🧶

    ReplyDelete
  5. That knock on the door is the people from Victoria Secret, coming to steal you away.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful, I love your fabrics too. I will have to dust off my pattern I have that one too and I haven't made it for ages. I love the pants you made also. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bra set Jo, wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete