Sunday 22 March 2020

Being Good

We were hoping to go to Wonderwool again this year again in April (but alas I think not) so I thought it was time to clear the basket of small quantities of wool and make room for some new purchases in the future.




This is the last of my Drops yarn from the basket and luckily they were very harmonious together. The last bit of each ball made a pom pom. This hat will wait patiently in the present box probably until December.


Whoops! I seem to have worn it with the join right in full view!


The pattern is free. It is an easy colourwork pattern from ravely here

I work as a TA and also a teacher in a Primary school three days a week so I am in work for the next few days with a class of children numbering around 10 who are children of Key workers. Both of my girls are coming to school with me, one goes to the same school anyway but my Year 8 girl will come in to Primary so that I don't have to transport her to a different location on a limited bus service. It will be a different term this one but all teachers are looking forward to working with children and making it a good experience for them. Andy works for a company that make paper roll, mediwipes and toilet roll for commercial, medical and domestic sales so you can imagine how flat out they are. He has also been classed as a Key Worker.

How is it going for you folks?
Jo xxxxx 

6 comments:

  1. That is a lovely hat Jo. I was due to be in work for key children next week but my husband has been coughing constantly and is also running very hot so we have to stay in the for next two weeks! My oldest is down from home anyway and younger son is off school. I also have a few patterns for you but we will have to sort something out when I am not at risk of being contagious. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hat is lovely! Knitting seems like the perfect thing to be doing at the moment, it’s something I’d like to try over the few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you could send out some loo roll! None to be had here. A Sainsburys worker told me that deliveries have not been increased, so the shelves are never actually restocked and refilled to previous levels after the initial panic buying. No one panic buying any more, as there is nothing left to panic buy. A few scattered supplies are put out which are bought up very quickly and not by greedy people, just those trying to get enough for this week. How can people properly stop going out when they need food? Deliveries need to be reserved for those who can't go out and they have all been allocated anyway. I don't have a stockpile of food as many of us don't - no budget, no transport and no availability. I am not able to go out much due to health but my daughter is foraging every day when ideally she should be safe at home. She will be out again looking for loo roll tomorrow. I want her to be safe indoors but we also need to buy what we need. As a vegetarian all our staples are gone from the shops as well - things like beans and rice and the shelves are bare day after day. After next week my own supply will be gone, and there are none left in the 4 food shops in my town. We are told there is 'enough' but there really doesn't seem to be. I've not seen any greedy people with multiple items in trolleys. Most people have baskets which are largely empty while they wonder around looking for things to put in them.

    I would love to make a hat like that, I do at least have some crafting supplies ready and waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us admire your pretty new hat! You continue to inspire me. I am glad you are still able to work with kids, and thanks to your hubby for his work! ( I am down to my last 6 rolls of tp) I miss my volunteer reading with kids since the school is closed. I am connecting with folks via text, calls, and emails. This past Wednesday I met online with some gals as we worked on knitting and crocheting blankets for preemies which was a highlight of the week for me. Sending you love, Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty hat Jo and it is still cold enough to wear it in the mornings. Going to school will feel a bit weird but I am sure you'll make it work and the children in your care will be very grateful that you and your colleagues are making it possible. I am quite worried about one of Alistair's wee friends, he is very vulnerable and I know his social worker insists he attends school and I hope his mother actually gets her act together and makes sure he does go. Poor wee lamb. I'd take him in but I it is not as simple as that.

    We are low on loo roll but our local corner shop is well stocked with small packs of the scratchy stuff. It'll do but hopefully Andy's company is able to meet the high demand.

    We are working at home and we have a plan. We'll see how it works out. I am most grateful for a big garden and a quiet neighbourhood. It is possible to go for a walk without bumping into anyone. Lots of love from Glasgow xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a lovely hat - thanks for keeping our spirits up in these peculiar times!

    ReplyDelete