Sunday 2 June 2019

Mamma Mia

Today I am sharing a few photos of our trip to Italy. It rained a lot during the week but we were happy to all be together eating, drinking, playing cards, knitting, crocheting and visiting places.

 


Looking - at views of Capri island...just about.


Dipping - our feet in the sea at Sorrento.


Learning - about Roman life at Pompeii


Eating - Ice cream in the sunshine.


Drinking - Limoncello


Wearing - my new blouse and lots of other clothes to keep warm on a train in the mountains.



Crocheting - a summer top on a 2mm needle.



Knitting - Merino cable socks. The pattern is tucked under my hem to stop it blowing away. At one point, I also put the completed one on to keep a foot warm!

Happy Holidays but Mamma Mia the weather was rubbish. I will do my usual ing post for June but I just got lazy today and used the verb format to post a quick holiday one for my family and friends.

Thanks for checking in. Jo xxxx

8 comments:

  1. A shame about the weather but glad you had a nice time regardless. Your crochet green top looks nice, very intricate. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a lovely time, despite of the weather. Knitting by the pool is always nice and Pompeii is fun to visit, too. Did you get a chance to see Herculaneum in Naples? My favourite Roman site in this neck of the woods. I would love to visit Sorrento one day and revisit all those Roman sites, and the volcano of course. I was 12 when I last went.... Looking forward to your June....ing post. I am working on mine, slowly, very slowly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, Herculaneum was much better than Pompeii and the children enjoyed it more too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to holiday even if the weather wasn't great. I bet your girls loved seeing all the new sights. I'm not a fan of the limoncello myself. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a shame about the weather but sounds like a good time had by all none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a good time despite the weather. What a shame, we half expect it here but you hope for better things when you go abroad! Fancy having to wear a finished sock on holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about the bad weather but it all looks wonderful to me. Italy is my dream vacation/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a shame about the weather but it doesn't look as though it stopped you doing anything fun.

    ReplyDelete