Thursday 26 April 2018

Style Arc Annika Top

My Minerva make this month is a mid season item trying out some different fabrics: ponte stretch with georgette. Style Arc patterns are new at Minerva. They are for the experienced sewer due to the scant instructions however the final garment has a great everyday feel. The whole collection is very wearable for all shapes and sizes which I think is very important.



The Annika top is made in two parts in two different fabrics. I chose a stretch ponte roma fabric for the top and a co-ordinating georgette for the bottom which is a challenging fabric to work with but you could use a light cotton lawn to make it easier.


These are the full instructions so you need to have sewn a few clothes in order to glide your way through them. 


One of my craft resolutions for 2018 is to use more of my sewing machine feet so I had a go with my rolled hem foot to finish the chiffon. It is good on a straight edge but needs a little more practise on my behalf for curves where the fabric sometimes slips away from the needle. 






Even when the weather picks up in the UK there are still days where a light sweatshirt is ideal so I am looking forward to wearing this right now. 




A job well done! A really wearable staple garment in my favourite colour green. Thanks Minerva.

I must say thank you for all of your wonderful comments about my quilt, I was bowled over. I am very proud of it and you have all made me smile with pride.

Jo xx

7 comments:

  1. That is a lovely top. I really like the colours and the shaping on the front. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo! I just had a big long catch up with you and yours. As always I admire your creativity and productiveness! Caring for your loved ones, cooking, sewing practical and pretty items from dresses for Africa to a fabulous quilt, and knitting and crocheting socks and sweaters and.... I am inspired and thank you so much for posting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great top for those mid-season times like now when it's snowing one minute and sunny the next. Such pretty choices of fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabrics together, certainly a great top for this mixed bag of weather we are getting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good style for the current weather we are having, the fabrics work well together. Lovely, well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A job very well done Jo. You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great! I really like the colour blocking, it works really nicely with those fabrics. A lovely top for spring!

    ReplyDelete