Sunday 3 January 2016

Winter Project Link Party Patching

Hi there! Welcome if you have hopped over from Jennifer at Thistlebear. I have been working on several big makes over the winter, this quilt being one of them.

I have been beavering away on my eight pointed star quilt over the last six months. I like to do it when my shoulder and arm can no longer knit and crochet. The stars are hand stitched together so I could make one in an evening. Variety keeps me crafting.


I have made fifteen squares, had a little measure up and five rows of three looked good to me. I think it is time to sew them together and see what size it makes. I may need an outer border to make up a single bed size as well as the binding but I love the feel of not really knowing...weird I know, but I really feel like I am making something not just following along with a pattern.



I re cut the borders on each square to even them up before I sewed it together. A happy hour cutting where I treated myself to a new blade on the rotary cutter which made the job so easy. The children went to the local football match with their dad so I did it in utter peace and quiet.



I am relishing this project that takes a little more time which is a surprise to me, I normally like the thrill of the chase. 
Maybe I am growing up a bit?

Jo xx





15 comments:

  1. It's wonderful, I like the different coloured borders. It works well. Xx Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful, and so well done. I hope to be joining in the link party too, although I have not been up to that much.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work continues to inspire me, Jo. Thanks for sharing your beautiful progress! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, a stunning array of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some projects are enjoyable slow burners. I very much like your quilt blocks, lovely colours and design. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is quite the lovely quilt project !:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. I have a deep hankering to make a quilt (I'm sure I've told you that before!) and I just never seem to get around to it. Sometimes you've just got to start something, haven't you? Anyway, this is beautiful and gosh your stitching is neat and straight, good job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful Jo!!! I love it!!! I totally get what you mean about "making" something. Hope that you enjoy finishing it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jo hope you're impressed finally worked out the comment bit. Love the quilt colours just seem to go so well. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a superb quilt - it's fantastic! I'm itching to get back to my quilt that I started many moons ago, just enjoying the piecing and stitching is very satisfying. Carry on enjoying your crafting, Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sewing in peace! Bliss. The is lovely, so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jo,
    thanks for your visit by me. I like your crochet project, main your shawls are beautiful. I am a big crochet fun.
    Have a nice day,
    Jitka

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jo, your quilt is stunning! I love everything about it. The colors are just beautiful and your work is so neat. Thank you for joining in with my link party. Hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have always avoided quilting, being scared of monotony. Yours is so pretty and colourful AND - key point - is made of lots of DIFFERENT, BIG shapes. You might just have convinced me to put quilting on my bucket list...

    I look forward to see how it turns out!

    Best

    Eleanor x

    ReplyDelete