Thursday 22 January 2015

Live Simply

Time for a change I think with something easier on the eye.

'Live simply' is often a quote or phrase I see on my favourite blogs, I think this is one of the things that draws me to them. (sweeping statement alert) I think people who make things truly believe that they are using their time in a way that means they are living their life simply.

When I saw this stitching kit on the Minerva website I knew I wanted one for our hideaway cabin. When we are there it feels like the essence of living simply. Also, I knew you guys would love it too. So this is my Minerva make for January.



There were brilliant instructions and all the thread was already sorted onto a card. I used chain stitch, daisy stitch, french knots, stem stitch and back stitch all shown in picture tutorials in the instructions.


A most enjoyable winter project.



Thanks Minerva. Live Simply. Jo xxx



14 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Jo. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on! Love this!! Man do I want to make one....and yep....I'm with you on living simply. Beautiful job on this Jo! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely and perfect for your little hideaway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to look just beautiful in your hideaway. There really is beauty in simplicity, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! And the "Live Simply" just suits the flower so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! I love the design and your stitching!! It will be a beautiful addition to the cabin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely project! I never even considered doing embroidery for my Minerva makes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely picture Jo and I think it just about says it all doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really, really nice. What I love about kits is that someone else has made all the decisions first - worked out the colours and threads, designed it, measured it - and we just get the pleasure of sewing it. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is really lovely and you did a great job.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's lovely and a good motto to live by. I want to get into stitching but I've never made a start! x

    ReplyDelete