Friday 12 September 2014

Yesterday I made...

Where has the week gone? this working malarkey doesn't half take up your time... anyway...
Yesterday I made a sparkling Barbie evening dress, just because I wanted to knit.



I cast on last night.


Did little bits here and there: before breakfast, when I got in from work, watching the girls playing in the garden while dinner cooked, in the bedtime chair while they went to sleep and then a bit more while I enjoyed a cuppa in the evening.


The pattern is free from here. There is a lot of choice and they are easy to make. One of my most favourite things to do is leave my handmade things at the end of my girls beds so that they can see them when they wake up.

Did I really need to make this? probably not but it was quick and easy and satisfying. It was much sought after this morning, suppose I will have to make another one now!

Ah! Happy Knitting Jo x








12 comments:

  1. I love that they get gifts as they wake up such a lovely idea. I love the Barbie dress by the way. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very chick, this cloth suitable to barby...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just brought back such a sweet memory! My mom used to leave goodies on our beds that we'd happily find after school. :) Barbie looks lovely in her sparkly new knit dress! Great job Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you'll have to make more, what a pretty dress and brilliant way to get some crafting in and fill up Barbie's wardrobe xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you needed to make this!! It is fantastic! My grandmother made all of my doll clothes and I treasure them as do my girls! So pretty! Happy weekend to you! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's pretty cool. You reminded of this Barbie knitting kit I had when I was a kid; it was one of those round knitting things that you just move the yarn over the spokes to create a tube. You could make a tube dress, a tube top, arm-warmers, leg-warmers, etc. Yours is much nicer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't always need to make stuff though, do we, sometimes it's just for the sheer pleasure of casting on or threading a needle and the restorative feeling of making something with our hands. It''s how I relax, and I'm guessing it's how you relax too. I hope your first full week of working went well and that you're not too shattered - big celebratory drink for you tonight I think! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you needed to make it, now Barbie has a perfect black evening dress to wear to her next special occasion. And sometimes it is just lovely to make something for fun.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure if my comment got through... but I love Barbie's dress, it's so sophisticated!! Thanks for reminding me of when I was little when I would sew clothes for my Sindy doll, lovely memories. Take care, Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to love making Barbie, Sindy and Pippa-Dee outfits for my sister's dolls. We'd a fair age gap between us and I was too old to play dolls but this was a way of us playing together with them. Thanks for the lovely memory.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, Jo, I am sure you must enjoy making another one for your girls to find one morning and delight in adorning their dolls! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a glamorous Barbie you have! I am almost a little sad that Barbies and dollies are no longer featuring in my little big girls play chest. Cx

    ReplyDelete