Tuesday 29 November 2022

November...ing

Can I just squeak in here with a November...ing post by checking through my phone photos just in time? I have been so busy working this month but that is all good.


Walking - I have been trying to remember to walk more. Since freelancing with a sewing job, I am finding I am stuck on my backside more than I would like to be and because I am like a dog with a bone when I start something - I just want to plough on with my projects. Thank heavens for our dog Beano who makes me get up and go for a walk.




Baking - with yeast. Meg loves making these cinnamon buns but they take soooooo long. It is a special treat and she has to catch me on the right day for me to say, 'Yes! you can spend virtually all day making a bun!'


Loving - the Dahlias from Beth's wedding garden. They just kept coming until mid November. She picked so many which she dried after she had used them in her last wedding booking of the year. The dried ones appear in her Autumn and Christmas wreaths. They are stunning.


The white ones are passed on to me as they don't dry to a good colour. I have the too light and too dark rejects! The ones below were just beautiful.


Twinning - with Megan on the train on the way to the NEC Birmingham for a craft show. The girls and I really had a fab day out. They enjoyed spending their pocket money for doing farm jobs and I loved having a browse.


Crafting - up a zip necklace. I saw these zip pulls at the craft show and the vendor let me rummage through a tray to find 18 in different colours. We negotiated £2.50!


Buying - some fabric at said show. Meg bough the blue one for PJ's (it is so soft) and I had a metre of the vintage simplicity models for.....something.


Bottling - up more homemade wine. These are my blackberry, quince and damson batches. I have 26 now that I have made this year...maybe 25 by time of posting!


Helping - my big girl who wandered into the studio wanting to know how to put a zip in. She had sorted her craft drawer and wanted to make project bags for each type of craft. If they ask I help, if they don't ask to craft I leave it. 


Starting - a craft group in our local village hall. It is called the Schoolroom (because it once was) Lots of happy crafty people.


Leaving - you with the view from my kitchen table as ever. Lots of low-lying fog in beautiful ethereal layers lately. 


Thanks for dropping by. You can catch my sewing video tutorials on YouTube here if you fancy it. Jo xx

4 comments:

  1. Beano is such a handsome boy. And yes, hurray for dog walks, some days the evening walk is all that keeps me sane. Gorgeous dahlias. I went outside a couple of days ago and went, 'Hang on, where did my dahlia go?' The Bishop of Llandaff in a pot had vanished almost overnight in the cold weather. Others hung on better, but I cut back the Penhill Watermelon which is a huge beast of a thing. Well done for starting a craft club, I bet that's good fun. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things to admire in one post! You have been very busy. You must be proud that your big girl likes to sew just like her mum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es genial que las niƱas hagan costura, el collar muy original y me gusta especialmente la Schoolroom. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a cinnamon bun, always worth the wait. A busy November for you, with lots of fun sewing. Have a lovely week and weekend xx

    ReplyDelete