Tuesday 10 November 2020

November...ing

 Admiring - Autumnal garden and hedgerow colour in my newly sewn leggings and roll neck top. This is my new neighbours garden, not mine!

Baking - Chocolate brownies with the girls in half term as we continue to emulate the Great British Bake Off on TV.


Eating - free partridge. We ate them as coated goujons in a baguette with salad. Everyone liked it surprisingly.


Preparing - a couple of Christmas cakes. A mini one for me and a large one for a Christmas gift during a wet half term.


Loving - how Meg has been inspired by Joy of Painting by Bob Ross on BBC four. She has tried out lots of oil painting techniques. This is her first attempt on old cardboard. The birch tree is just amazing isn't it?




Carving - our little cat pumpkin then making a mixed veg soup because we don't like waste or pumpkin really but you couldn't taste it in the soup!


Patching - this months jeans repair which is a half square triangle patch. I also tried to strengthen a part of the thigh which is thin but not ripped by adding denim to the back with sashiko stitching. Still going with these.


 Sewing - a shirt using wonderful Art Gallery 100% cotton for a fabric review for Minerva.com These are the out takes with wellies!


Starting - a cosy knit called the Carbeth Cardigan in Drops Lima with the yarn held double. So warm and using two stands really helps my tension.


Feeling - Blessed to live in a rural location during recent restrictions.


Thinking - Will I ever stop taking pictures of kitchen sunsets?


Thanks for stopp...ing by. Jo x
 

Just to let you know my friends at Minerva have a new website which you can check out at Minerva.com

6 comments:

  1. I always think pumpkin adds texture rather than taste 😆 🤣 We love watching Bob Ross. Your daughter is very talented.Lovely sewing and sunset. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a talented daughter you have, her painting was amazing. Your neighbours garden is a delight too, loved all the berries. I love the idea of patchwork on jeans but fear I am a little too old for that style, they do look so good. I am going to make a start on my Christmas cakes at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter's painting is beautiful. What a talented young lady.
    I love the carved pumpkin. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg certainly seems to have been inspired by Bob Ross and what a lovely artist she is becoming.
    Very cute pumpkin cat made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am weeks behind with blog reading! Really loved to read your cheerful post. I have the Carbeth cardigan in my queue on Ravelry (about a mile long), it I a lovely pattern. Meg is awesome! Her painting is really good, love it. Christmas cake baking here, too. I made two half ones, one with citrus peel (which I hate) for Richard, the other without for myself. I can't wait to cut into it. Have a really wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another lovely ing post, Jo. I have watched and enjoyed a few BR art episodes here in the USA and I very much admire Meg's beautiful work! Your culinary efforts sound so yummy...I am thinking of making GF pumpkin bread tomorrow. Your stitching and sunsets are inspirational! xx

    ReplyDelete