Sunday 11 October 2020

October...ing


Loving - walking the dog in Autumnal light.


Waiting - to see if my friend has a boy or a girl but super happy with this pale grey unisex yarn. The buttons can be last minute.

Laughing - at how differently our girls approach a modelling shoot. Teenagers keep it cool right?

Making - two sweatshirts from this beautiful fabric and cuffing.

Capturing - sunsets every evening. Some are orange; some are pastel; some are purple, but they are all beautiful and now part of our everyday life.

Looking - at nature all around us. Look at these morning cobwebs.

Patching - this months patch repair is a stray half square triangle I found in the bottom of the scraps box backed with a piece of denim. The hole was quite big so this was perfect.


Wondering - why it is only my thighs that need repairing. What am I doing regularly that wears this part out in particular?? They are becoming quite unique but I will continue.


Eating - noodle soup and crispy King Prawns.


Preparing - for some batches of sloe gin. It is a bit soon to pick them yet but there are quite a few around our field hedges.


 Hoping - some grass will grow on our new lawn creating a seamless green view without a boundary. There is a 1.5m drop at the end of the lawn to keep the sheep out.


Celebrating - the birthday of our 'little' girl who is eleven with a rainbow cake.



Treating - ourselves to chocolate fudge. Meg Made it to give to her three friends in a party bag.



Collecting - conkers. Don't they look so perfect when you open them?


Deciding - which dress to make with this beautiful Georgette fabric.


Enjoying - the changing of the seasons.

Thinking - of my dad on his birthday. He would have loved living at this house.


Ending - with another of those wonderful sunsets.

Thanks for dropping in. Jo xx

9 comments:

  1. You are the best at patch repair, I am taking notes! The skies have been gorgeous lately haven't they. Love the new sweatshirts, they're brilliant. I hope your youngest had a good birthday. My eldest was 17 at the weekend, yikes. He could drive a car now. In theory...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green wellies and pretty patches-perfect combination Jo. Rainbow cake looks stunning, hope it tasted as good as it looks. Happy birthday to Meg. Enjoy your week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fascinated that you get holes on your thighs, my jeans have only ever gone through at my knees. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved those patched jeans, the sunsets and that fudge. Birthday wishes to Meg the cake looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cuffing - I see you have used it for the waist as well, on one. I have just replaced the cuffs on a well-loved but worn hoodie with pre-done Prym cuffing and it was amazingly easy! I even did it by hand and it looks like new! Ridiculously pleased with self! 🤣

    Those sunsets ... out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fudge looks amazing. The kind we used to make at Christmas, before such home-made goodies were booted out in favour of the tin of quality street.

    Love the pretty tops you have made, v nice.

    I never make holes in my jeans or any clothes, and I really want to do some visible mending. I think your jeans look great!

    I once lived at the top of a hill and had amazing sun sets but although house now is in the same direction, the views are obliterated by buildings. I was lucky enough to see incredible sunsets while I lived at the old house though, the sky would be so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy chocs and rainbow cake. They must have tasted lovely. I'm just catching up on your blog. Your new craft cabin is perfect. You will work some wonders in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that cake looks great, Happy birthday over there! I think you should make 8033 the one with the floaty sleeves. Have a good week. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for letting us enjoy your October celebrating, Jo! 🎶Happy Birthday, Miss 11🎶xx

    ReplyDelete