Wednesday 13 May 2020

May...ing

Lots of things happening in May but mostly stay..ing at home of course. 

Sewing - The Linden sweatshirt made in ponte roma leftovers for my friends birthday present in September.


Baking - My girl deserved a new apron which I made from an old tablecloth. She has become a demon cook.


Repairing - a tiny hole in my favourite jeans, then I spotted one starting to appear on the hip too so I resewed the seam and hid it with this rather appropriate knitting motif I had.



Supervising - Little one while she cracked open a Christmas gift kit to make a covered notebook. She loves going on the sewing machine.


Looking - at nature on our daily walks.





Moving - stone from one place to another. Forget online workouts, I have burnt some serious calories. All of those stones on the floor are now in a different pile for our driveway walls, moved by hand by bloke and I!


Celebrating - that all three of our machinery vehicles are working; OK so we had to jump start the digger from the tractor battery but all the same, it is a rare moment. Those machines do eliminate some of the hard work.


Noticing - the vibrant green of May.


Knitting - more baby things for my gifting pile. This cutie used up some of my Drops Paris cotton yarn and two evenings of my time.


and this tunic dress is lovely with leggings but I had to have a centre seam in order to use up the fabric.


Making - an accidental otter in pancake batter!


Trying - to keep this spaniel exercised. It doesn't matter how far we take him, it is never enough.


Smiling - for a selfie with the bluebells in the woods.



Dreaming - that one day I will grow my own magnificent Wisteria.


but currently very proud of my Aldi £2.99 clematis! This is currently my most favourite part of the garden.


Eating - too many welsh cakes.



Thinking - how much we are all enjoying each others company with very little falling out.

Do pop over and join in with Christina's ing post at A colourful life.

Lots of Love to you all. Jo xxx

7 comments:

  1. Loving your Aldi clematis, so pretty. The rest of the plants look great too, very restful. Also so lovely to see you all enjoying time together in lots of ways. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The otter pancake is brilliant. I have an Aldi wisteria which is doing brilliantly, so look keep an eye out. Your clematis is lovely, it must like that spot I think. How handsome your beast is, my friend has a cocker and she is similarly never tired. My dog is half cocker and he often lies down halfway through a walk, although that may be more of a psychological manipulation to try and get someone to carry him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house is looking wonderful and those stones my goodness both beautiful but hard work. Great makes as always, you are always so busy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweatshirt and the cute little baby dress, you must have so many friends with babies. My neighbour has a beautiful wisteria that overhangs my driveway it is looking particularly stunning at the moment but there are days when it feels like it is trying to get in the car with me! Keep enjoying your days over there, we may as well make the most of it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of stone you have moved Jo! And look at your beautiful house, it is in a truly breathtaking spot. The little otter pancake made me smile, it is really very otter-like. Your post made me happy, I was a bit grumpy until I read it. Thank you. Also thank you for your birthday card, this made me happy, too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo, you portray your life so beautifully. Beautiful girls, beautiful projects and your absolutely beautiful house. Well done my friend. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the apron and the linden!

    ReplyDelete