Tuesday 12 November 2019

All Done #25 - Drops Karisma


I had a girl with no winter hat! Can you believe that? She had a lovely hat from last Christmas but it is now too small. Time for an 'All done' project to use up my Drops Karisma scraps.


There was not much left over after making my Rainbow sweater...


and the recent knitting bag...


but enough to make some stripes with some Drops Nepal for a hat. Nepal is softer than Karisma so it is a good choice for the headband. I wondered around Ravelry looking for an aran pattern to use up the leftovers. I came across this wonderful winner of a pattern. It is called the Scrappy Ski Hat. They would make excellent Christmas presents by the way.


She loved the hat shape which is in Adult size only but I knit the band on 3mm needles to make the right size for her head and returned to a 5mm circluar needle as stated in the pattern for the main hat. Drops Karisma is a DK and Drops Nepal is an aran yarn so it turned out to be a sloppy beanie shape which she really liked. The pattern has been used many times so if you look through previous projects you can find someone who has made the size you want and copy their cast on. To use up the final scraps, she made her own pom pom.


She happily wore it for the rest of the day indoors on Saturday and it spurred her on to have another go at her scarf. She is a left-hander but manages to knit right handed. Clever girl.


A photograph of such woolly proportions that it melts my heart. All Done now with Drops Karisma, not a tiny bit left. Get in!

More on the Drops Nepal story later.... Jo xxx

10 comments:

  1. wow, loving all your projects. That sweater is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hat! I'm a lefty too but knit right handed, it's much easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a lefty and I find knitting right-handed much harder. It's so much easier to knit the way that comes naturally to me. Been knitting lefty for over 50 years now. Thank goodness for the open-minded lady who taught me to do it "my" way so many years ago.

      Delete
  3. She is so cute (and the hat looks fab)! I have to admit, I just bought new hats for the boys... just don't have any hat knitting in me xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hat is absolutely fabulous! The shape and the colours suit your little girl so well. My daughter is a leftie and she never got the hang of knitting. She loves drawing and scrapbooking. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The fact that she wore it indoors all afternoon is the best compliment going I think. The picture of her sitting knitting is adorable, you definitely raising the next generation of makers over there. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That rainbow jumper is on my to do list. Love the hat. CN x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely hat and your rainbow jumper is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't she adorable? That smile made me smile. I love her knitting and I love her new hat.

    ReplyDelete