My Pom pom Water Clover top is finally finished just in time for a little bank holiday sunshine. I was seriously in danger of finishing this top in time for Winter but I fought hard not to be distracted with other yarny projects to stay on task.
This pattern is from my first foray into the sophisticated world of making things from Pom Pom magazine. The pattern was a challenge but with a bit of help from Ravelry I found a chart posted from another maker which helped enormously.
There are a few things you should know about this top.
1. It is crocheted in the round from the bottom up so it has smooth, seamless sides plus you can get the perfect length.
2. The pattern for the top shaping eluded me and I made it up from the armholes to the top writing down what I did so I could complete the other shoulder.
3. You need a nude coloured bra to wear it.
4. You HAVE to block it - no choices. This is it before blocking...
And this is the open texture after blocking.
5. I used Rowan glace cotton (6 balls) which makes a fine substitute for the required yarn. It was in a sale so the top cost me £15 including postage.
6. It is a firm fabric made on a 1.5mm hook which is hard on your hands. This is why it has taken me so long because I could only do it in short sessions.
7. It works well as a modern twinset worn with a cardigan.
Thanks for checking in. I know it is hard to keep blogging going over the summer when it is better to be outside but I always love sharing my makes, engaging with your blogs and reading your comments.
Thanks for dropping in. Jo xxxxx