Wednesday 10 July 2019

July...ing

Making - Two more blocks for my postage stamp quilt. It is definitely snail mail this one!



Getting - Wet! The weather has been awful this June but we are hoping summer will arrive a bit more in July.



Drinking - June's batch of Elderflower cordial. Mine is the fizzy one with gin and tonic and Little M had cordial squash. Both lovely.


Eating - Homemade Indian food. I am lucky that the girls like a bit of spice.


 Baking - a new cranberry and muesli cookie recipe- they were great.


Building - It is not pretty but we are filling another scrap metal skip now that we have taken down another shed. £££

Loving - That our girls can 'play' at the farm. They played farms for four hours this week followed by three hours of playing 'builders' in hard hats spreading wet sand onto broken tiles using various different trowels!




Thinking - About a time when we will have hens again.

Wearing - A dress at last!

Disliking - That the pup is destroying my garden. Lillies today!




Loving - but loving having a family dog again.



Avoiding - Weeding, knowing I will have to pay for that in the long run.

Enjoying - An hour of crochet or knitting every night. I make something everyday - it is indeed true.



Listening - to Meg. I asked her if she wanted a choc Ice and she said, "What is a choc Ice?" I gave her one and she battled her way through it licking the paper and getting in a mess. She said, "This thing needs a stick!" I had my first generation gap moment!

Sewing - a beaded dress. It is an alteration for a friend and it has taken me 3 hours to get the beads off the sides so that I can take it in but I am being paid handsomely.



Buying - Did you know Seasalt online sell fabric and it is in the 50% off sale at the moment? Did you know they post it in a paper bag not a plastic one? Just throwing that one out there...



Fixing - The outdoor hose - just in case the sun shines again.


Deciding - to stop the car and take a photo of a field of poppies on the way to a friend's house.



Looking - for someone to give our 26 Hebridian fleeces to. We have only just got rid of last years and we have just sheared again.

Feeling - Like summer might arrive in earnest soon.

Jo xxx

9 comments:

  1. Is it that time already? I completely forgot about July...ing! I enjoyed reading your news, a lovely balance of nice food and fun and some hard work, too. Your Indian meal looks delicious, I'd love to tuck in. I hope you can find some takers for the fleeces. Have you thought of getting in touch with the Yarndale organisers, or a similar yarn festival? There might be a market for a fleece or two there. Off to think about my own July... ing post now xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A local art college or knitting group may be interested in the fleeces. The antics of our pets and yet we love them so. I smiled at the choc ice comment, I am with Meg they do need a stick lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your puppy looks so innocent! I am having the same trouble with my veg, the three dogs keep dragging down the peas and my Kale plants are completely destroyed. Raised beds and pots has not worked when it comes to food. I love that your girls are playing farm at the farm, a future interest perhaps? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have waited a long time for summer this year, haven't we? I do enjoy your "ing" posts, Jo and I am still in awe of your capacity to find time for everything. Those photos of the toy farm animals made me smile. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all so sounds wonderful and idyllic, Glad yo are loving the moments in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your "ing" posts. The field of poppies is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished postage stamp quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially enjoyed seeing the girls' farm xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, if I now go and buy some Seasalt fabric Jo it is all YOUR fault....

    ReplyDelete