Sunday 7 April 2019

Toe Over the Line

Following on from a post on Spring which then proceeded to leave us all shivering, I thought it was time to get my latest pair of cosy socks over the finish line.



These socks have been on the needles for a long time, too long for me to actually remember when I started them but that is OK. Socks are a background knit for me. I like to have a pair in a little project bag just sitting in my basket. They are an ideal project for picking up to take to work during breaks, waiting for an appointment or a few rows are sometimes done while waiting for a cake to cook. 



This is my second rib pair. I really like this pattern from Colourful life. They are so comfy in the way that they grip to your feet giving your sole, and indeed your soul, a little hug. On Friday night I was determined to finish the toe and pop them on.



The yarn is by Stylecraft and this colourway is from the Blogger All Stars range. This one was compiled by Lucy at Attic 24 called red pots. I liked it on the ball but wished there was more red and less of the coral colour on the actual knitting.



I am rather pleased that the yarn comes off the ball in even colour runs making a perfectly matching pair of socks. 



Next up, I would like to make a longer DK pair to wear inside my farm boots which turn over at the top. I'm off to find a pattern and have a rummage through my yarn stash.

Have a good week. Jo xxx

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous! And I love the colourway. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That are wonderful, so warm and cosy looking. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colourway, perfect for spring weather! I lost my sock knitting mojo but it can't be far, probably in one of those messy yarn boxes of mine :-) Have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look cosy. I have never tried to make socks it looks complicated, lovely colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really must get back to my sock knitting. I even bought a smaller needle length but was busy doing other craft. Great socks, they do look cosy, Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some wool waiting to be made into socks. Checked out the site your pattern came from, and there are some great styles there. Thanks for joining in Ginx Woolly Linx Party for April.

    ReplyDelete