One of the new Tilly and the Buttons patterns, Stevie, was love at first sight for me. The pattern came at 12:30 on Thursday just as I got in from work and I had the dress on my back at 2:50 ready for the school run!
I ordered the Stevie top/tunic pattern, then ordered some fabric, John Kaldor on sale at Minerva and waited impatiently. The fabric came first so I washed and dried it ready to sew - not hard to do in this weather.
The fabric is a linen blend where it has the same look as linen but you can drive the car in it and not look like a tea towel on arrival. Bold prints work well with this pattern because there are no darts, zips or interruptions.
I actually made a happy mistake. I added the ties and then kept following the instructions then added a button loop, it was supposed to be one or the other. I thought it was a bit strange but it is great because the button holds the dress in place if the bow should come undone or the fabric bow is a bit heavy.
The length is pretty perfect. I cut a size 4 and graded a bit out to size 5 for bum and hip room (obvs) It feels so breezy to wear in this hot weather.
Then I spent five minutes hopping from place to place in the garden trying to get a photo without family rubbish in the background.
I favoured cropping the photos in the end to picking up the stuff!
Even the sleeves don't interrupt the pattern. I would like to try one in the shorter version with a rayon/viscose fabric but I have other things under my machine at the moment so I will hang on for a bit and save my pennies for a while.
I love it. A dress in 2.5 hours. I couldn't drive to town, find a parking space and buy one in that time!