Tuesday 22 April 2014

Too scared to start

I have a big secret job to do but I am too scared to start. I have been invited as a Minerva Network Blogger to a bash with all the other bloggers and we have all had to choose a kit to do for the evening of the meet up. I chose this fabric and I am going to make a dress.


It is stretch cotton (a little bit of grace) but I fell straight into the trap of choosing a vintage style pattern. Why do I do this to myself? It is a Butterick Retro one made into a new pattern but the sizing still looks tricky to me.


Anyway, if you live up North and fancy a very crafty day out  there are workshops with crafty shopping going on at The Minerva Meet up on 14th June 2014. You can go to their page by clicking the link at the bottom to find out what is happening.

This link also tells you what else you can do around Darwen especially put together if you want to make it a trip with a partner of friend.

So less chatting, lets just get on with it, breathe and read the instructions carefully. Jo xxxxx






15 comments:

  1. You are going to do a great job with that fabulous new dress, take a deep breath and jump in!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! It will turn out great, I have absolutely no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be perfect, have faith in yourself...positive thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The meet up and your project sound like fun, Jo! I have great confidence in you and am cheering you on from across the pond :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, feel the fear and do it anyway. What have you got to lose, artistic license and a stitch ripper seems to solve many things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you will do a beautiful job. Have a great time at the event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha oh this is TOTALLY ME AS WELL. I'm off to the day too and also have my fabric and pattern waiting at home ready to make! I've been putting off starting it in case it goes wrong... can we just turn up in something else if it does?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a talented crafter. I have not seen a project of yours that didn't turn out brilliant. I totally love the fabric. It will make an amazing dress. Good luck and can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh this looks exciting Jo! I think you just need to dive in head first, I'm sure once you start cutting out the pattern and then the fabric you'll be alright :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure it will turn out great Jo! Have a lovely time at the event.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jo, if you are concerned about the measurements you could do a mock up using newspaper and pins first before you cut into the fabric. (Wish I'd done this with the skirt I just made!) Take it slow but surely and it will be fabulous.
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, love the fabric.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete