Thursday 25 May 2023

May...ing

What happens when you realise that for most of May, my favourite month of the year, you have simply been inside sewing! This month my May...ing post is a totally selfish round up of what I have been sewing. The Sewing Bee has started on the BBC so I thought it was rather apt. 



This is the Megan Neilsen Sudley Dress and Top. A simple pattern that can grow with you as you progress in sewing skill. You can make it with a collar or without. You can have the tie at the front or the back. It is very easy to fit because it is roomy. I added some ricrac detail to the collar for a tutorial but I have fallen in love with this easy to sew, versatile blouse and dress. The blue one is made with viscose challis and the dress is a bargain linen mix.


On a more complicated level, I made a box pleat blouse from a pattern company called DP Studio. They are French and all of the styles are indeed very French. I like to sew more complicated things but I don't want to spend ages making something challenging which I can only wear to a special occasion so this blouse was a win win for me because it was engaging but I can wear it all the time with my jeans.


Talking of jeans, I have made another pair of Dawn Jeans again by Megan Nielsen. I like the full pattern range and sizing generally. This pair has green topstitching. Why do we always have mustard top stitching? 


This is another complex top with a gorgeous honeycomb pin tuck detail. I made a tutorial for this which I think would really help someone to get on board with McCalls8325.
My last make to show you is the Ogden cami. I have done a full bust adjustment on this pattern for a much better fit. 


Now that the weather has eventually warmed up I can take my foot off the sewing gas, get some of those summer garments on and enjoy the outdoors.



Thanks for dropping by. Jo xxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Well may . . . ed. Love your makes. Joy of Joyknitt

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sudley! Love it. I have four different versions in my wardrobe. Really love your ric rac collar (I might challenge myself to copying this idea). Did you widen the straps of the Ogden cami? It looks fab, too. Have a fabulous June when it comes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I made them bra sized and added to the bodice part to match. Easy done. Did an FBA on it too. Much better fit. X

      Delete
  3. Una colección primaveral muy completa, prendas muy bonitas para llevar mucho.BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, you have made some lovely things Jo. I hope you can get the pleasure of wearing them now that the weather has improved. Enjoy the rest of your week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very nice, I would like to be there to learn from you. Compliments!
    Miriam from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be selfish more often, Jo, what a collection of beautiful tops!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete