Monday 20 May 2019

A Little Later Than Usual

My annual clothes swap over feels a little later than usual. Maybe I have been too busy or the weather has not quite held up for long enough: who knows. Anyway, I always get a thrill out of sorting my summer clothes which are stored under the spare bed. All those garments which have not been seen for about eight months, suddenly, it feels like I have been on a huge shopping spree. 



Out go the cords, wool, velvet, heavy cotton drill and polo neck layering tops. I always hand wash and defuzz my favourite Aftur jumper too. All of my tights have gone in the under bed drawers along with my long boots. 


Much more colour enters the wardrobe. I have a sizable collection of white blouses which I pick up in charity shops then, when they go grey, I start looking for another one. A few new makes over the last six months have also made the grade.


This new denim shirt dress is a keeper. It is made in chambray denim from NEWLOOK 6449 pattern. I love the red top stitching.



I have made another Stevie dress by Tilly and the Buttons in double gauze. A new colour for me but I tend to make a lot of green and blue stuff so I hopped out of my comfort zone and added some piping.


Finally, one that might get a few outings but not sure if it is the right style for me. It shows my high waist/short body so I feel a little old in it. My nan's waistband was always just under her bust! The neckline is also a bit wide for work. But the fabric is pretty and if it is warm and I want something cool then I may reach for it. It is the Evelyn dress in a floral ditsy cotton. I much prefer a shift style dress.

Time to pack my suitcase because we are off to Italy this week, catch up with you all soon. Jo xxxxx

10 comments:

  1. These are all very summery! Have a great hol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new dresses look amazing! I love the shirtdress in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely makes Jo. I really like your new Stevie dress in that pink tone the piping really adds that bit of contrast! Your new chambray dress is great with the red top-stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fabulous holiday in Italy!

    Your three new summer dresses look fab. I particularly love the Evelyn dress, it looks very playful. My waist is more or less under the bust but I haven't really noticed until now, when I was pondering where my waistline is after reading your post... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness Italy, have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely time in Italy and enjoy your summer wardrobe, Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your summer collection is looking lovely. You are brave to put the tights away though, my School is so cold on an overcast day so they may still be required. Have a super holiday and I look forward to seeing the photographs. I love the new header by the way. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That denim dress is really stylish, it looks great on you. Such a classic cut and colour, and the red stitching just sets it off. I got out the sandals for the first time today - perhaps summer is nearly here? xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look wonderful in each new outfit. Well done Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your lovely new makes and resorted summer wardrobe inspire me to tackle a wardrobe re-organization! A weight loss in the last few months has me needing to pass along some good clothes that are too large...and take in some of my old favorites. :) xx

    ReplyDelete