Thursday 18 October 2018

Baby Boy Blanket

Hurrah!I think when all else is failing in your crafting world, the best plan is to fall back on the granny square. Thanks for all your knitting advice. I have decided to just put it down for a while. This particular blanket, however, has been on the go since August.


The wool was all donated a few years ago and I tried to knit a rather gorgeous Kaffe Fasset cardigan in 2107 but in reality it looked awful - that's magazine modelling for you! 



I rolled up the yarn and saved it for another day. I chose a colour palette for a boy, removing the pink and red from the balls above. 


Happily, I just chipped away making little squares here and there, throwing them into a basket. I left long tails on each one to use for sewing up which I did with a large darning needle to keep it nice and flat. Sewing together and finishing the ends, what a great idea.


My favourite border of crab stitch (reverse dc) adds a fuss free edge, especially on a baby boy blanket. 


I have been playing with my dad's old camera. He used to love photography and I have enjoyed trying out its features. I like the way it gets a really good depth of field fading out in the background as above.



Maybe I can get some better winter blog photographs which I have always struggled with in the past. I did a photography GCSE at college in 1990. I wonder what I can remember about F stops and aperture settings! We'll see. Jo xx

10 comments:

  1. The blanket is gorgeous. I just love how the colours work together. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo the blanket is beautiful, perfect for a baby boy and such lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, it's just beautiful. I love the colors and I think the edging is perfect. Have fun with the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo for the sweater redirected into a beautiful baby blanket, Jo. As always I especially appreciate you sharing your creative process that instructs and encourages me as I launch into my projects. I love the edging on the blanket and the photo you took of it with your dad's camera...Happy Crafting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, the colour combination is lovely and I am a great fan of the crab stitch. Have fun with the camera. I would love to do a photography course, they do happen on the Island occasionally but the dates have never worked out. I might try looking online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, the baby blanket is just adorable! I totally love the colour palette you chose too. You are so clever :)
    Carolyn of handmade by Carolyn (sorry for anonymous, I'm having trouble with blogspot at the moment)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful baby blanket, the edging is so neat! Good luck with photography.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blanket is beautiful! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blanket Jo, you can't go wrong with a granny square. They are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous blanket, Jo. This basket full of yarn is my idea of heaven.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete