Thursday 14 December 2017

Groovy Hat

This was wrapped last week. I have been saving some gorgeous cord scraps because they are just too lovely to throw away but they have outstayed their welcome now in the craft cupboard.



The pattern is from the Make it Today website which is free to download and the pattern is on three sheets of A4 so not too arduous to printout.


I cut out eight crown pieces in cord, eight in lining, one peck in cord and one in co-ordinating cord along with a crown band. I saved a piece off the scraps pile to cover a button before tossing the little pile on the left into the bin with a satisfactory goodbye.



I added the tie twist instead of a bow. It is not for me, it is for someone much younger, 27 years younger in fact! It is for a teenager who can carry off this Austin Powers groovy vibe.

Anyway it was fun to make and wear for a moment. I have a tweed one cut out from my waistcoat sewing scraps so I will keep the next one for myself.

Thanks for looking. Jo xxxx

8 comments:

  1. Very nice. Love the colours and it suits you. Interested to see the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s lovely! I really like the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Groovy baby.Love the colours and it really suits you.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I am with the others - it suit you! You should wear one XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. This hat is totally shagadelic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cord fabric reminds me of a dress I made back in the seventies. Cap hat is great. I just downloaded the pattern. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT is totally groovy, well done Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous. My mum made me one just like it in turquoise cord to wear with a homemade blue/green/purple tweed skirt and cape - in about 1970! I thought I was the bee's knees. I'm going to download this for my pattern file.

    ReplyDelete